вторник, 24 сентября 2013 г.

It was our second night here that at 4 o’clock in the morning I left our hotel room and started roam


Quick Bio: Lord Chaz is an entertainer living in New Orleans the hotel of south beach Louisiana. Actor, author, musician, street theatre performer, he dips his razor sharp taloned fingers into almost every form of entertainment available. Though not originally born in New Orleans, he has made New Orleans his home for so long that few can remember the city when it did not have Lord Chaz prowling its nightlife. Creator of the New Orleans ghost and vampire the hotel of south beach tours, he has performed his "Vampire Street Theatre" (as he terms it) for 23 years as of this writing. the hotel of south beach He is the Grande Master of Ceremonies and on-stage the hotel of south beach host of the annual Endless Night Vampire's Ball of New Orleans the hotel of south beach and together with who he calls his "illegitimate, non-biological brother" Maven Lore, he performs a weekly internet web show that they call "Bite Me! Vampire Radio" and co-hosts their monthly Vampyre Club night that they call "Bad Things". Most recently he has expanded his horizons by joining the hotel of south beach the Four Humours Theatre Troupe and accepted the position of Assistant Director on the Shawn Reddy play The Art of Unbearable Sensations produced and directed by Michael Martin.  Lord Chaz is considered by many to be the eldest known Vampyre in the New Orleans Vampyre sub culture.
Lord Chaz:   I was born in the mid-west but definitely never felt like I belonged there. As soon as I reached the age of majority I escaped by joining the United States Marine Corps and though I returned when my stint in uniform was up, my restlessness quickly returned and off on the road I went. I roamed the country for several years trying life in whatever the hotel of south beach city that I could find work as a musician or really anything that would support me. I tried life in New York, Boston, Chicago, Washington DC, etc, but I still could not find a city in which I felt that I belonged. No place felt like home. Whether life was good or bad in whatever city I was in, eventually restlessness returned and I would move on. At one point I was back in the city of my birth and got the news that I was going to be a father. To my mind and sense of honor, there was only one thing to do. I got married, cut off my hair, got a mundane job, went back to school, and began a perfectly normal mundane life. But after 6 years both my now ex-wife and I had to admit that though we loved each other and both loved our daughter, we were in fact living a lie. Off on the road I went again with another band of brothers. Two years later my ex-wife got a teaching job in New Orleans and moved here with my daughter. At that time I was again living in New York and during their first year here I visited the hotel of south beach along with the lead singer of the band I was with at the time. He hated the place but the moment that I first set foot in the French Quarter, I knew I was home.
It was our second night here that at 4 o'clock in the morning I left our hotel room and started roaming the hotel of south beach the darkened streets of the French Quarter. At some point I came across a nearly deserted Jackson Square. A thick fog was rolling in from the river and blanketing the entire area. A hazy mist filled the air and a lone distant fog horn broke the silence. I stood there as if in a trance for the longest time and I knew; there was no doubt, the hotel of south beach no hesitation, the hotel of south beach no uncertainty, my years of restlessness and roaming across the country were at an end. I was home. I immediately began planning to move my life to New Orleans and I've never looked back. So you see my friends, this long tirade of an answer is to say that what brought me to New Orleans, what ended my years of restlessness was the love of my daughter. She found it for me.
Lord Chaz:  Everything! I've always been a musician or entertainer, but I've had numerous "normal" jobs as well because being an entertainer is rarely a career that one can adequately support oneself with. I've been a political the hotel of south beach operative, electrician, truck driver, door-to-door encyclopedia salesman, owned a video store, you name it, and I've probably done it. It wasn't until I found New Orleans that things started to fall into place.
Lord Chaz:  I have always had a love of history and from my first days here in New Orleans I immersed myself in its history. I was fascinated and wanted to know everything I could possibly know about this magical city. In a very short time I became quite knowledgeable in all things New Orleans. Of course I needed a job and started making the rounds of bars looking for anyone who needed a guitarist, but most bars at the time were all Trad Jazz or Zydeco. The few clubs that featured rock music had well established house bands with a core of close nit musicians to whom I was an unknown outsider and so I started giving guitar lessons to spoiled rich kids uptown and playing on the streets. But playing on the streets is a very hard life and so I took my newfound knowledge of Nola history and began giving carriage tours. That's when the transformation into the Lord Chaz that you know now began.
I loved this city, I loved its history, and I quickly found that I loved sharing it all with others. It was my first Halloween as a carriage driver/tour guide that the ghost tour was born. I had always the hotel of south beach had a fascination with ghost and vampire stories and had researched such as a hobby for most of my adult life. Buggy driving is a tough hustle with lots of competition and I had a brain storm in early Oct. 1990 to share a few of the ghost stories that I had learned about the Quarter instead of my regular historic tour. This would make me a little the hotel of south beach more unique. Make me stand out amongst the throng of other carriage driver/tour guides. At the time there wasn't any other "ghost tour" in the city. I donned the hotel of south beach a skull mask, top hat, puffy sleeved shirt, brocade the hotel of south beach vest and New Orleans first ghost tour was born. It proved to be quite popular and people continued requesting it even after Halloween had come and gone. Before long I was doing nothing but. Eventually another carriage driver began copying me and even started offering it as a walking tour. Before you could blink an eye, an industry was born.
Lord Chaz:   Oh that's the million the hotel of south beach dollar question isn't it? We could talk for a month on that one. But since my earlier answers were so long winded (I do so love to talk about myself), I'll try to answer with a tad more brevity even though there is no quick answer to this one. A Vampyre is a lover of the night; a nocturnal creature that walks to the beat of their own drum. They prefer not the "normal" life and fit not into the mold of traditional society. They like creating their own style of dress and their own way of living. Self expression is their anthem and individuality is their theme. They cast off the shackles of "normal" existence and create a way of living that is uniquely their own. They are not easy to define as a group for they are as diverse as individuals can be. But I guess one good way to put is this, they are not sheep. I believe that they gravitate to the traditional or fictional the hotel of south beach Vampire because of all things that are of human origin, the Vampire is one that is a regal and elegant creature that lives its existence according to its own rules.
Lord Chaz:  Another not so easy answer but I guess simply put. It found me. If we were to credit or blame any one individual, it would have to be Father Sebastiaan. I have always been the way that I am and I've never been much for congregating of joining of groups or clubs. I've always had the old Groucho Marx philosophy that I'd never join any club that would have me. I loathed the few Goth crowds that would hang out at this club or that club for they all struck me as high school cliquish kids sitting around bemoaning life, gossiping about and trashing anyone that wasn't in their little group; sad little the hotel of south beach depressive humans all afraid to smile because their make up might crack. This was defiantly NOT my crowd. They may exhibit some of the same fashion individuality that I had an appreciation for, but they were sheep and I most defiantly was not. They were not "my" people. But then when I started adding more Vampire stories to my performance, I started to find that there were a few individuals within that community that like me, were not sheep and did not care for them. It was almost a sub-culture within a sub-culture. I started meeting people like Father Sebastiaan, Kane, Maven and others as they came to New Orleans and attended my performances. For example I met Father Sebastiaan when he attended my Vampire Street Theatre tour way back when the Sanguinarium was very, very young. We became fast friends and I loved his vision.
Lord Chaz:  That's easy, though you may be surprised that it's not a Vampire story. It's the story of Julie, the hotel of south beach the octoroon Mistress of 734 Royal Street. It's a Shakespearian tragedy that is every bit as romantic and tragic as Romeo Juliet but this one is real and it happened right here in the French Quarter. But to hear its details the hotel of south beach and weep at its tragedy, you'll just have to attend one of my performances. }:-)
Lord Chaz:  Father Sebastiaan asked me and how could I possibly refuse?. I'm pretty sure it was the very first one and I've been involved ever since. the hotel of south beach There were I think, three that my involvement was not possible when scheduling with other projects of mine interfered or the event had to be kept in New York, but other than those three I've always been there. And I always will be as long as you'll have me.
Lord Chaz:  We went into those details Ad Nauseam in the opening paragraphs above and I shan't repeat it all here, but I will add a few more details. There is a new reality show we've been filming featuring Maven and I. We'll also be featured the hotel of south beach in a new 69 Eyes music video to be filmed here in Nola in Oct. Maven and I are also planning on taking our Bad Things club night on the road to other cities. I've also got a couple of books and a new CD ready to come out hopefully by early 2013 assuming the "Mayan-End-Of-Days" crackpots have it wrong.
Filed Under: Entertainment , Featured , Humor , Interviews with th

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий